Thursday, February 10, 2011

Much More Group Presentation-The History of the English Bible



Some time ago, in my post Archaeology and the Bible, I told you about the study project the MMG was working on. I think we are now ready to present our findings. I would like to invite you my dear reader to this presentation next Tuesday February 15, 2011-8pm at my house (do contact me if you need direction).

The Bible is the most printed book ever, and more Bibles in English have been printed than  in other languages. Over 1 billion copies of the KJV Bible alone have been printed. However, its value does not stop at it being the most printed book. To believers, it is the Word of God, and they treasure it on a very personal dimension.

How much do we know about our Bible? How it comes to be the way it is? How reliable is it as the Word of God? Who translated it from its original languages? These are just some of the questions we try to answer. We don’t pretend to know it all, I think the session will raise more questions than answer them but it will be a good starting point for everyone to learn more about the subject. More than giving a presentation on facts and knowledge, we hope to foster an appreciation for God’s love towards us by His giving us the “love letters”.

Come and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment